Volunteers - We Need YOU! Online or fill out the Volunteer form pdf
More than 200 volunteers help us on the day of the Festival, selling pop and t-shirts and working as cashiers and in the information booths. While producing the Festival takes a tremendous amount of work during the months leading up to the big day, we could not physically run the various activities without the help of these volunteers.
The Festival is produced by the Jewish Production Organization for Cultural Events and Theater (P.O.C.E.T.). The Jewish P.O.C.E.T. is run by an all-volunteer Steering Committee which consists of professionals in the fields of art, music, theater, dance, radio, television, communications, community relations, education, engineering, finance and law. The Steering Committee is organized into a variety of committees, including:
- Logistics - Works on site selection; parking; procuring electricity, water, and bathroom facilities; stage construction; and equipment rental.
- Art/Craft Fair - Solicits artists from around the country, juries artists, and coordinates logistics of exhibit, including display area and cashiers.
- Entertainment - Sends out city-wide Talent Call, auditions musical groups, dancers, and storytellers, makes travel arrangements for out-of-town headliners and coordinates stage schedule.
- Hands-On Activity Area - Coordinates activities for young children and solicits sponsors.
- Kosher Food Fair - Solicits Kosher restaurants and coordinates all requirements for each vendor booth, including electricity, refrigeration, menus, and sales.
- Organization Fair - Contacts more than 100 area organizations, coordinates distribution of flyers to be mailed to their members and handles space rental for the day of the Festival.
- Fundraising - Solicits private and corporate donations and applies for grants.
We Still Need Your Help!